CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Recycling a shoe box

With school starting I thought I would share a little secret I do to save money on gift boxes for birthdays and Christmas. I bought my dd like 5 or 6 pairs of shoes, you know tennis shoes, sandles, flats, and such. And now with my son going to school this year I bought him 3 new pairs of shoes too. Giving me aroun 8 or 9 small boxes (hey ones 4 the other 7 and they both wear toddler shoes lol) anywho.

I can pick up a large roll of gift wrap from the $1 store that seems to last me forever so I wrap the shoe boxes in wrapping paper, throw in some tissue paper and pop a bow on top. If your time it , right after easter they now have crinkle paper stuffing for the baskets and they sell it for like $0.37 each package instead of $1.99 or more. Because I have so many this year I'm going to use them to store my craft supplies. Hope someone can use this idea. It works on adult shoe boxes too.

0 comments: